Search This Blog

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Why?

Why must we all do things we know we'll regret? Why do we get ourseves into situations we know will hurt us in the end? You'd think that we would be able to understand that it's not worth the pain you'll experience afterwards. But no, we continue going on and making these choices that give you that jolt while you're in the moment, but break your heart when that moment passes. Is there anyway we can ever learn? Maybe it'll get better when we grow up. But what if we don't want to wait that long? What if we need strength to just say no now?

I don't know what to do. I don't know how to be strong. I know I must rely on the Lord. But I just don't know how much longer I can wait for an answer. I guess it's like The First Vision. Joseph Smith was engulfed in this darkness that made him think he was going to be destroyed, and right when he thought there was no hope of being rescued from this darkness--this evil spirit--right at the end, when he didn't think he had strength for anymore, only then did Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ save him and deliver him from the enemy. Joseph had to pove that he had faith enough to call upon God, even when he felt he couldn't be saved.

This isn't the hardest thing I've ever gone through... So why does it feel like the end of the world? Because my worst enemy wants me to think it is. Well I'll show him that I'm alive in this beautiful world, while he's not. I'll show him just how strong I am. I am completely happy and even joyful. I can get through anything. When I feel like I can't hold on, I'll hold on anyway.

Why do we get into situations we'll regret being in later? Because in order to be old and wise, you once have to be young and stupid.

1 comment:

  1. You may not be perfect, but you are not stupid. Definitely bordering on wise. :) Love you, Aly.

    ReplyDelete